Tuesday 30 August 2011

Book Review - The Princess Diaries After Eight

Title: After Eight
Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Princess Diaries (book 8) 
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Release Date: 1 Jun 2007
ISBN-13: 978-0330446884

Synopsis
The new school year’s only just begun – and already there have been some big surprises. Not least, Tina’s revelation that Lilly’s probably Done It with J.P.! And what about Mia’s new haircut, which has turned out kind of . . . extreme?
But then Michael drops a bombshell. He has been accepted on a year-long computer science course . . . in Japan! Can Mia’s perfect prince really love her if he can go away for a year? And what would it take to make him stay?


My Review
Just when things start to go right, Michael drops a big shock on Mia - he's been asked to move to Japan for a year to work on a prototype for a mechanical surgical tool that he has created. Can Mia survive without Michael by her side.
I read this in about an hour and a half. There is still the growing love triangle between Michael, J.P and Mia even though J.P is dating Lilly. 
Mia does seem to be maturing in this book, but still has breakdowns (as we all do) I actually started to feel sorry for her in this book, then she would do something stupid and I would be shaking my head going 'oh no mia, why?' lol
This series does seem to be going on for a while but I'm intrigued to see where it will end up. 


My Rating
I would give this book 7/10, a quick funny read.

No comments: