Sunday 11 March 2012

Guest Post: Jacqueline Gardner

Author Bio
Jacqueline Gardner works as a Story Editor for the production company, Labragirl Pictures.  Her love of storytelling began at an early age when she would make up stories with her grandmother before bedtime.  In early 2010, she completed her first novel and has been stuck on writing ever since.  She resides in Colorado and loves hiking, writing, fantasy fiction, and all things cupcake.


Jacqueline is the author of new book 'Thoughtless

When Bridget finds a dead cheerleader in the janitor’s closet, she becomes the killer’s next target. High school just got worse. It’s bad enough that she can hear the shocking truths that pass through her classmate’s heads. Now she has to worry about staying alive, and all clues point to the one person whose thoughts she can’t read - her boyfriend Terrence. Someone is taunting her, threatening to expose her secret. And when Bridget tries to single out her blackmailer, she’s nearly beaten to death by a mind controlled minion with fiery eyes.

But when Bridget finally comes face-to-face with the killer, suddenly a horde of brainwashed students programmed to destroy her life doesn’t seem so bad. 




Guest Post
In high school I spent way too much time wondering what other people thought of me.  I remember sitting in class, watching nervously when someone eyed my new pair of jeans.  I would spend the next week obsessing over whether or not to return them.  But after I moved out and went to college, I quickly saw that almost everyone felt like me.  In fact, if I could go back in time I’d probably see that no one gave a crap about my new pair of jeans, because they were too busy wondering about their own pair of jeans.

Lots of my book ideas start with a simple question or a random thought that floats into my head and never leaves.  One day a thought came to me.  What if I’d had the opposite problem in high school?  What if I’d never obsessed over my own problems because I was too busy dealing with other people’s issues?  And that’s when I started brainstorming a plot for THOUGHTLESS.

Bridget is a sixteen-year-old mind-reader who spends her days hearing the worries of her classmates.  While writing Bridget’s story, I drew a lot from my own high school experience.  But don’t worry!  I never found a dead cheerleader in the janitor’s closet or received creepy notes from a blackmailer.

Personally, I like books that are raw.  When an author draws from personal experience I connect more with the book.  Incorporating so much honesty and then shipping it out for the world to see isn’t easy, but it’s a challenge I’ve given myself.


Thanks Jacqueline, your book sounds fabulous. Check it out people!

1 comment:

Happy Reading! said...

Thanks for having me!