Thursday 5 January 2017

Book Review - Mind Games

Title: Mind Games
Author: Teri Terry
  • Publisher: Orchard Books 
  • Release Date: 5 Mar. 2015
  • ISBN-13: 978-1408334256

  • Synopsis
  • In a future world, life is tightly controlled by the all-powerful PareCo. Standing out from the crowd is dangerous so misfit Luna hides her secrets carefully, not realising her own power. Unlike her friends and family, Luna has never been able to plug into Realtime, PareCo's virtual world, where almost everyone now lives their lives. So how do PareCo know about Luna, and why do they want her for their elite think tank?
    The truth is hidden in a web of shining silver secrets, and the corrupt authorities would do anything to keep it that way. Can Luna find a way to use her own hidden powers and bring the truth to light before it's too late?

My Review
I have always been a fan of Teri Terry and have met her on a couple of occasions and discovered she is also very nice to talk to. I heard she was coming to my local book store to do a talk and signing and as it was my Saturday off work I went. Sadly it wasn't very well attended but she still did her talk which was very interesting and discussed some of her books. I've only read the Slated series so far so was eager to know more. 
I had this book on loan from the library (actually had been there for quite a while) and I hadn't got round to reading it but feeling inspired I picked it up and got stuck in. 
Luna knows she is different, everyone else spends most of their lives plugged into the virtual world, things are easier there. But Luna feels nauseous and can't settle to the technology. She then finds out a bigger secret behind the company and their technology but can she do anything before it's too late. 
I loved Luna, she was feisty and full of attitude but also inquisitive and caring. She seemed to trust a little too easily for my liking but then she had been quite sheltered growing up. I liked the development of the world and it was so well constructed that scarily enough you could actually see it happening with the advances in todays technology.
I really liked Gecko and thought he was a great character and the mystery behinds Luna's mother was great.
There is quite a lot of terminology and world building involved so you have to concentrate a bit but i just found it added to the world and it's experience.
Really enjoyed it and definitely still a fan! Looking for the next book to read by Teri Terry now.

My Rating


 

No comments: