Sunday 1 January 2017

Book Review - The Crown

Title: The Crown
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection (Book 5)
  • Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
  • Release Date: 19 May 2016

Synopsis
Eadlyn didn’t think she would find a real partner among the Selection’s thirty-five suitors, let alone true love. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you… and now Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more difficult – and more important – than she ever expected.






My Review
This has always been a series that I love and I couldn't wait to find out what happens to Eadlyn and her Selection. I finally had a break from coursework for a few weeks and so was able to get stuck in. 
There were 3 contestants that I quite liked but throughout I could tell which one Eadlyn was leaning towards. I think it is supposed to be obvious but is still written as though it is supposed to surprise you. Whether you are supposed to figure it out or not I loved to see the relationship grow and the dynamic both within the group as a whole and with the individuals. 
Even more I love to see how Eadlyn grows as a character and steps up to her responsibilities and starts to admit to her feelings. She is a very strong character and you just know she would make a fantastic queen. I enjoyed seeing some of the older characters return and still featuring America and Maxon.
I read this in one sitting as I just couldn't put it down and I really enjoyed it. This is a world of books that I will always enjoy visiting and characters that I will always enjoy hearing from. Cass is an extraordinary writer and I look forward to her future works

My Rating


No comments: