Monday 13 June 2011

10 Good Things on a Monday (17)


Ten Good Things on a Monday is a fancy meme hosted by Nice Nina @ Brush Up on Your Reading!

Here's how it works:

  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
This week I will do my top 10 favourite book covers


1) Wings by Aprilynne Pike - this book is absolutely beautiful, it shimmers in the light and seems to sparkle.


2) The Gift by Alison Groggon, quite an intricate cover but shows so much of the world. Just love it.



3) Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy - Love the orange round the writing and Skulduggery on the front, mischievous and magical.

 4) Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - So simple but always drew me in. Love the red leaf among the black and white.


5) Eragon by Christopher Paolini - gorgeous dragon on the front, I've always had a thing for dragons.

6) Fallen by Lauren Kate, although not my favourite of books, I adore the cover, it's stunningly beautiful and I will always be drawn to it. I want her dress too. :D


7) Forgotten by Cat Patrick - haven't read this one yet but the cover grabbed me and made me buy it. I like the two girls symmetrical but different colours.


8) Glass Houses by Rachel Caine - the covers for all the series are similar, they look great on my shelves and just give a feel of the world inside.


9) Dream Spinner by Bonnie Dobkin - a very good book and the cover really gives a feel for the book right down to the little spider on the wall, and the curtain that hides the wonder within.


10) Evermore by Alyson Noel - again the series has all similar covers, but I love how the flowers stand out from the background.


I could probably come up with 100 covers I like, but I don't have the time. So what do you think of the covers I've chosen, would you agree. 



Have a great week everyone. :D

7 comments:

Cary Cheyenne. said...

Great cover choices! They're all gorgeous! I especially love the cover of "Wings" which I have not read, but my other two favorites which I have read and loved are "Fallen" and "Evermore." :)

Ann said...

I haven't read Shiver, or any of her other ones, but I love each of the covers of her books. Not sure I'll be able to resist them for much longer!

I think I'm going to have to snaffle this idea for next Monday!!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/ten-good-things-on-monday-turning-30.html

barmybex said...

Thanks to both of you for visiting.

Cary - you really must read Wings, I love that series, so good. :D

Book Gatherer- give in to temptation, they are well worth it, Be swept away into the magical story of werewolves, love, hope etc. Trust me, they are really good.:D

Feel free to use the idea, I got it from Nina & ARGH! :P

Sherrie said...

Hi!
They are all great book covers. I like the one of the dragon. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/ten-good-things-on-monday.html

Nina B. said...

I know that most of these books are paranormal and I'm not very likely to read them but man do they have awesome covers! I especially liked that cover for Shiver. And yes, I agree that your cover for Forgotten looks way better, although there is another book cover for that novel that I'm really digging: Forgotten awesome book cover

Thank you so much for sharing your Good Things Becky! Have an awesome week!

barmybex said...

Mostly fantasy to be honest. :D

Yeah that other cover is awesome, but so different. thanks for sharing it. :D

Have a great week. :D

kaye (paper reader) said...

I love this meme! I might have to take a stab at the cover post sometime.