Tuesday 28 February 2012

You've Been Tagged!

I know I've already done one of these, but I wasn't officially 'tagged' that time and I figure that now I have been properly tagged by 'Book Reviews by DDS' it would be rude not to take part.

Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Here are her questions & my answers:
 
1. What is it about Books that you love the most?
I love the chance of adventure, mystery, escape, of doing anything, being anyone and going anywhere. the possibilities are endless! 
2. What got you started Blogging & Why? 
I had found a few book blogs online that I thought were really cool, and I wanted a way to keep track of the books I was reading so I thought about it and decided a blog would be the best place for it.

What is your favourite Genre & Why?
I will read from various genres, but my favourite is now Paranormal, it always used to be Fantasy and whilst I still love Fantasy, Paranormal has taken the lead. 

Which is your favourite Series that you keep going back to?
I have a lot of series that I revisit but the ultimate favourite is of course Harry Potter.
Have to mention some of the others though: -Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy, -Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and -Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine.

Which book would you like to see converted into a movie?
There have been a lot of movie flops, but there have been some great successes, I think if you get the write director and writer then you're in for a winner, so I would like to see Divergent by Veronica Roth made into a movie, that would be EPIC!

If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which would you choose & why?
Although I absolutely love the series and I still think it's incredible I think I would have to say 'Forever' by Maggie Stiefvater as it doesn't have a full conclusion, it's left very open - she said she wanted the reader to decide if it all works out right, but for me, I would have loved to see her tie up the ends.

A book/series you love to hate...
erm, I honestly can't think of an answer to this, *searches brain, looks confused*

A book that made you cry...
a lot of books have made me cry! but two most memorable right now are: The Hunger Games and  'The Last Song' by Nicholas Sparks,

Do you donate your books or do you save them all?
I wish I could save them all, I wish I lived in a big house with it's own massive library and store rooms and extra shelves etc, but unfortunately I don't and my bedroom is really quite small so I have to be selective. I hang onto books for as long as possible and have a sort of yearly clearout (or when the books piled on my floor fall over and hurt someone). So in the end I have to donate some either to the library or to the charity shop.

One thing about Bloggers that is very common & continues to irritate you.
erm, what annoys me about bloggers? Not much really, I think it's a lovely community and I'm proud to be part of it. 
But if I had to come up with one thing it would be spam comments, you know the person that sits down and writes out one fairly long comment, that sounds a bit like a sales pitch and then proceeds to go round and comment on every blog they know with that same comment.
I love comments, don't get me wrong, but I want them to mean something, I want them to be a reaction to one of my posts or something I've said, not just a generic comment asking me to stop by their blog because I know what they have posted about will be fantastic!
So thanks to 'Book Reviews by DDS', great questions. 
Again I'm not going to tag anyone, for the same reasons. Firstly, I will be totally honest here, I can't think of 11 people to tag and I'm too lazy to go through all the blogs I follow (don't judge me please, you know I love you all.)
Secondly I know not everyone likes these posts and being tagged can be an annoyance and I don't want to inflict that on anyone, so I'm saying if you want to do it, take my questions below and enjoy, link back to me in the post then then leave your link to your post in my comments below.


So here's my Questions:
(putting the same ones out as the last post I did as I don't think they've been used much)

 1) What are you reading right now?
2) Which book (if any) do you wish you could change the ending of?
3) If you could have dinner with 3 authors who would you pick and where would you go to eat?
4) Which book do you wish would be made into a film?
5) What is your favourite book/movie adaptation?
6) Do you buy or borrow?
7) Where do you do most of your reading?
8) Paperback, Hardback or e-book?
9) When choosing books what factors affect your choice? cover? author? publisher? reviews? etc.
10) Have you ever been to a midnight book launch? If so what book, if not, do you want to?
 

No comments: