Wednesday 3 September 2014

Book Review - Armageddon Outta Here

Title: Armageddon Outta Here
Author: Derek Landy
Series: Skulduggery Pleasant (book 8.5)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 3 July 2014
ISBN-13: 978-0007559534

Synopsis
One AMAZING new novella.
Three GRIPPING new stories.
In the ULTIMATE story collection.
We all know that doors are for people with no imagination so smash the glass, climb through the window and enter the awesome world of Skulduggery Pleasant with this ultimate story collection.
For the first time, every Skulduggery Pleasant short story – plus The End of the World, the World Book Day novelette – is collected into one magnificent volume. But that's not all…
Written specially for this collection, there is an entirely new novella that will drag you into a nail-biting American horror story, Skulduggery-style, and three brand-spanking-new stories spanning the last 150 years. Join Gordon Edgley as he parties like it's 1985, watch Valkyrie Cain face a vampire in a fight to the death, and see the Dead Men as you've never seen them before. And then read the exclusive chapter from the final book…
Introduced by Derek, this is the hidden history of the skeleton who saves the world… and the girl who's destined to destroy it.


My Review
I got this when it first came out and got it signed by Derek at LFCC in July. But life has been crazy and I had a couple of other books I had to get through first so unfortunately this got put aside. But with the launch of Book 9 (The Dying of the Light - The FINAL book!) I knew I wanted to get stuck into this.
This is a collection of short stories - some are 4 or 5 pages and a couple of them are 20-40 pages. Some of them I had read before, such as the End of the World which came out on World Book Day a few years ago but I still re-read them and I loved them just as much.
I love collections like this, it gives you another side to the world and makes you feel more involved. My favourite story has to be the Halloween one with Gordon Edgley, he doesn't get to feature too much in the main series so it was nice to get a glimpse into his past and the story was great fun. I loved Skulduggery's sarcastic humour as usual.
For fans of the series this really is a must have, it's just as charming and breath taking as the main series and lets the world stay alive for that much longer.
It's just brilliant!

My Rating
    

No comments: