Sunday 21 September 2014

Book Review - Night School: Resistance

Title: Resistance
Author: C.J. Daugherty
Series: Night School (Book 4)
Publisher: Atom
Release Date: 5 Jun 2014
ISBN-13: 978-0349001708

 Synopsis
After months on the run, Allie returns to Cimmeria Academy to find the school in turmoil. The atmosphere is thick with danger. Overshadowing it all is Nathaniel. He is close – very close – to getting everything he wants.
A secret civil war is tearing the British political elite apart. And Allie’s family is in the thick of it. Both sides want her. She knows Nathaniel will take her by any means necessary. But she is determined to fight him to the end.
Her friends are ready to stand by her – even to die for her. But if anything happens to them she won’t be able to live with herself.
The fightback starts here. Everything is at stake now. The winner takes all…


My Review
It's been a few months since I read the other books in this series but it's one of those books that has always stuck with me and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. I was lucky enough to get the entire series for my birthday so I got stuck in as soon as I could with this one. There were a few characters and events that I had to remind myself about but overall everything came back to me. 
I love the feel of these books, all along I have said they look and feel like they should be fantasy or paranormal genre but they are not, they are contemporary with a mystery/crime twist but they are so well written that they are totally addictive.
Allie has been on the run, hiding out, trying to avoid the danger and threat of Nathaniel, but no matter where she goes or what she does he seems to find her. So she is called back to Cimmeria, it's time to face the music and come up with a real plan. But all of her friends and teachers are in danger as long as she is there. Can they come up with a plan to stop him before it's too late, and on top of that one of her most trusted teachers is a traitor - but which one? Not sure who to trust or where to go Allie has to make some tough decisions and once and for all risk her life. 
This book is one of the those books that once you start, it is very hard to put down again. I got totally absorbed in the story and had to know what would happen. I had so many unanswered questions and hoped this book would give me the answers, it does to a certain extent, but it also raises some more. I am sure there must be a Book 5 in the pipeline because this is definitely not over- the ending of this alone was enough to make me scream- how could she do that to me?!?
Allie has really developed over the series and is like a totally different character in many aspects but still definitely herself, I like the new attitude and fight in her, a fight for the good of others, and whilst she still makes a lot of mistakes she lives up to them.
I cannot get enough of this series and I would totally recommend it to anyone and everyone. Please write more C.J!

My Rating
     

No comments: