Thursday 25 December 2014

Book Review - Four

Title: Four
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent (Short Story Collection)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 8 July 2014
ISBN-13: 978-0007582891

Synopsis
Two years before Beatrice Prior makes her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader does the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is his chance to begin again. Newly renamed 'Four' he discovers that initiation is only the beginning.
Four must claim his place in the Dauntless hierarchy. And his decisions will affect future initiates as well as uncover secrets that could threaten his own future—and the future of the entire faction system.
Two years later, Four is poised to act but the course is still unclear. The first new initiate who jumps into the net might change all that. With her, the way to righting their world might become clear. With her it might become possible to be Tobias once again.


My Review
I was so excited when this came out, but I haven't bought a copy yet as I want the American version, as I have the other books in this series with those covers and I have ot have them match. So I was waiting to read it until I got my copy, but as that hasn't happened I decided I should request it from the library to read. That way I still get to enjoy the story and I can keep looking for the American cover I want. 
This book opens up the world of Divergent a bit more and reveals a lot about Four's past. He's the guy we all love from the series and this is a great read. It really lets you see where he really came from, it just gives him another dimension, makes him seem well rounded. The book starts with Four's test and Choosing ceremony, then moves through his Initiation and then features the time he becomes a trainer - when Tris is first introduced. It was really refreshing to see the story from another point of view and made me see some details I hadn't noticed before. 
I read this in one sitting, it's easy to read and will envelope you into the world just as much as the original Divergent series did. It was like coming home and revisiting old friends. 
This is a must read for any fan of the series, it's fresh, fun and an amazing read.

My Rating
    

No comments: