Friday 3 December 2010

Book Blogger Hop: December 3rd - 6th

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is an awesome way to for book bloggers to interact and find each other. Such a wonderful idea! There's a new question every week that all the participating blogs have to answer. 


This week's question comes from Marce who blogs at Tea Time With Marce:
 
 "What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"
 
 Ooh this is quite a hard question, but the one that springs to mind is 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate, although it was an ok read, i didn't enjoy it as  much as the hype around it led me to believe i would. I struggled through it in places and found it a bit slow, whereas Torment (book 2) i really enjoyed and sped through. It was a disappointment, if it had just been a book i had plucked off the shelf that i hadn't really heard of, i wouldn't have had such high expectations and i might have enjoyed it more, but as it was so hyped i felt let down.
 
The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, go back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added

If you've stopped by my blog from the hop, welcome, it's great to have you here, please feel free to look around, and follow. I will then visit you in turn. :D     

9 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the Blog Hop! I think the book I disliked that everyone loved was The Lonely Hearts Club. I really, really disliked it haha

Be sure to stop by and enter my international blogoversary giveaway going on now! :)

http://tinyurl.com/2faa8j3

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

Fallen did live up to my expectations either. I enjoyed Torment a lot more too! I'm a new follower stopping by from the hop :) Happy Friday!

Gilliene said...

Hi there, Becky!

Wow, it's surprising how you didn't like Fallen. I totally digged it! But I guess that this is just proof that people have different tastes :) Still, I'm glad that you liked Torment... although I haven't read it yet, I heard that it's awesome!

New follower! Hope you come and visit my blog soon!

Gilliene @ Eep! Geek!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the blog today with lots of info.
Nice work.
Mike

Aimee said...

I liked Torment more too. I kept waiting for them to get to the point in Fallen. I'm a new follower. My hop is at Coffee Table Press

barmybex said...

HI, wow thanks to all you new followers, great to have you.

Am heading on over now to check out your blogs too.

:D

Carissa said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for the add! I'm an old follower of yours.

I totally agree that Fallen didn't live up to the hype. I'm really glad to hear that Torment was better though.


Happy Hop!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I wasn't a big Fallen person either.
My Hop

barmybex said...

Fallen seems to be picking up quite a lot of controversial views.

Thanks for visiting, and Carissa, nice to have you as a follower, thanks for the comment :D