Monday 20 December 2010

Book Review - Wings

Synopsis
 Laurel is an ordinary fifteen-year-old high school girl. But something incredible is happening to her. She is changing. Now Laurel is about to discover that a deep and powerful magic holds the key to her destiny.


My Review
This is a different type of Faerie Tale, I was initially attracted to this book by it's cover, isn't it beautiful!
Laurel is a normal fifteen year old, or so she thinks, home-schooled all her life she now has to go to High School, there she meets David, they become friends and life seems to be good. Until everything changes. Laurel meets Tamani a mysterious boy and finds out she is no ordinary girl, she is magical and everything she knows is going to change. I can't write too much because i don't want to give away the plot. 
This book is well written and flows easily, i read it in about 3 hours, a single sitting. Laurel is a great character, not too whiny or self confident. Just an ordinary teen. David is sweet and caring and a great friend to Laurel.
Tamani is great, quite cocky and self assured but quite sweet too.
I loved how this story progressed and it kept me excited and hooked into the story.
The descriptions in the book are also very good, i could picture all the scenes, and i really want a pair of 'wings', they sound so beautiful.
An overall great read.


My Rating
I would give this book 8.5/10. Give it a go.

2 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've actually heard mixed reviews of this one, so I keep putting it off. It definitely sounds cute and fun though, so perhaps I'll add it to my pile after all! Great review :)

barmybex said...

Give it a go, i think you would like it :D