Saturday 11 December 2010

FCSS - Fragile Eternity Review


Synopsis

After the terrible events of Ink Exchange, the Dark Court has a new ruler. But will Niall's kindness survive his new responsibility to the most violent of Faerie courts? Meanwhile, Seth and Aislinn attempt to mend their relationship. But Aislinn is the Summer Queen and Keenan is her king -- and as summer approaches, their chemistry sparks. Will Seth's mortality lose him the one thing he loves above all others? As Niall seeks to control his new Court, Aislinn attempts to resist the seduction of summer, and Seth searches desperately for the gift of immortality, a delicate balance is threatened, and a terrible plot is revealed!



My Review
After finishing the first two books, I was interested to read this one to see what would happen. Would Seth and Aislinn be together, Would Keenan and Donia be able to overcome their differences? So many wonderings, answers I needed.
This book kicks off where the last one ended.
I actually enjoyed this book more than the last one. This was once more centred on Aislinn and Keenan and the Summer Court and there was a lot more of Seth. You also get an insight into the other courts. The relationships between individual characters and courts are also developed, which gives you more insight into the world.
This book took a lot of turns I didn’t expect, and I found myself becoming torn between Seth and Keenan, they both open up more in this book, and whereas, before I disliked Keenan, I liked him in this one.
The book did seem slow in some places, and I had to fight to keep concentration, but these spots didn’t last very long and I could easily get back into it.
I wouldn’t say it was the best book ever but I did really enjoy it. I will definitely read the next book in the series.

My Rating
I would give this book 7.5/10. Not the highest score, but worth a read.
 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Glad to read you enjoyed this one. I need to pick it up because I loved the last one.