Saturday 19 March 2011

Book Review - Blue Moon

Title: Blue Moon
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: Immortals (book 2)
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
ISBN-13: 978-0330512862

Synopsis
Things have changed for Ever since she met her beloved Damen – not least because she’s got a whole new set of powers, courtesy of her new Immortal status. Just as she's getting stronger, though, Damen seems to be weakening. Panicked at the thought of losing him, Ever finds a path to the in-between world known as Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past. But in searching for a cure for him, Ever accidentally discovers a way to twist time so she can save her family from the accident that killed them. It’s all she’s ever wanted – but so is Damen. And Ever must choose between them . . .

My Review
Ever and Damen can finally be together, Drina is gone for good and the pair are more in love than ever, until something goes dreadfully wrong. A new guy at school, Roman, causes Ever unease but she doesn't know why, but when Damen begins to get weak and ill, Ever knows something is not right. Slowly Damen seems to forget who Ever is and with the whole school turning against her she feels more alone than she ever has before. She knows she has to get Damen back and that it won't be easy, not knowing what else to do, she starts her search in Summerland, but she learns more there than she could have thought, and a whole new choice shows up. Ever has to make some tough decisions.
I read this in one day, I could not put it down. I was walking round like a Zombie with my head in the book ignoring everyone. I really got into this book, a lot quicker than book 1 and I just couldn't help myself, I had to know what was going to happen.
Damen and Ever make a great couple so I was devastated when it looked like it was falling apart. Damen is like the perfect boyfriend and I didn't like the new side of him, but I also knew it wasn't really him, so I just felt sorry for him.
Ever is still a tough girl, willing to fight for what she wants and loves and I love that about her, and I still love that she shows a vulnerability, she comes across 'real', reflecting a lot of emotions normal people would in real life, it brings her to life.
I missed the presence of Riley at first in this book, but know why she wasn't there and once I got into the story I didn't think twice about it.
The descriptions of Summerland are astounding and I could see it all in my mind, it sounds so amazing, like a wonderland, I look forward to seeing/reading more about it.
The writing flows well and the story draws you in. Personally I liked this book better than book 1, I am getting to know the characters and found the storyline very exciting. I can't wait to read the next book.

My Rating
I would give this book 10/10, amazing, truly astounding. :D    

2 comments:

La Toya said...

This does sound really cool! I'd love to read the description of Summerland. I have gotta admit, I've never read one of these books where the characters have powers or whatever...beside like, Harry Potter, which is prob not even the same genre. Anyway, thanks for this cool review!

barmybex said...

Glad you liked it. If you were gonna branch into this genre I would recommend these books. :D