Friday 4 July 2014

Book Review - Icespell

Title: Icespell
Author: C.J. Busby
Series: Spells (Book 3)
Publisher: Templar Publishing
Release Date: 1 July 2012
ISBN-13: 978-1848777118

Synopsis
Join Max and Olivia for more magical thrills, spills and spells in their third hilarious adventure.
Max and Olivia are loving life in Camelot – not only is Max having magic lessons with the great wizard Merlin, Olivia is finally in training for the Squire’s Challenge. But disaster strikes when Camelot is frozen inside a magical mountain of ice and it’s all Max’s fault!
Can he and Olivia rescue Arthur and Merlin from their icy prison before evil Lady Morgana gets to Camelot and seals their doom?


My Review
I'm actually really getting into this series and in my opinion it keeps getting better the further it goes on. We are back with Max, Olive, Adolphus and Ferocious who are trying to stop Morgana from hurting Arthur. With Merlin's help they must stop the trickiest spell yet, the Castle and everything in it has been covered in ice and all those inside are frozen - and that includes Merlin who is trapped with Arthur, it's up to Max and his friends to find a way to undo the spell. But Snotty Hogsbottom and Morgana are determined to make sure they fail.
I really liked to see Max's magic progressing and he also seems to think things through a bit more now, although he still has his clumsy moments which are so a part of his character you can't help but love him. Olivia is still my favourite though, she is so feisty and willing to do anything to get what she wants, I really admire her strength and courage. 
This book was fun and exciting and I liked the new characters too, Vortigern the Duck really shakes things up a bit.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the series ends, I'm expecting something spectacular.

My Rating
  

No comments: