Wednesday 25 March 2015

Book Review - My Smoky Bacon Crisp Obsession

Title: My Smoky Bacon Crisp Obsession
Author: J.A Buckle
Series: Half my Facebook Friends are Ferrets (book 2)
Publisher: Curious Fox
Release Date: 9 April 2015
ISBN-13: 978-1782023203

Synopsis
16-year-old Josh Walker is starting sixth form college and is determined to start a band, get a lot closer with his new girlfriend Becky and, hopefully, pass the odd A level. A few days in and he's already embarrassed himself in front of a class ... he'll need all the help his ferret, a little witchcraft and a lot of smoky bacon crisps can give ...



My Review
I read book one for a Book Day at work and loved it, as you can see in my review here. I then recieved a message from J.A herself and her publishers asking if I would like to review book 2 - which I obviously jumped at the chance for, then by some strange coincidence - on the book day at work we had a visitor from Curious Fox publishers and she gave me the advanced copy of this book.
The story follows on from where book 1 finished. Josh is now 16 and just about to start sixth form but it's not as easy as he thinks and there are more problems than just school. With a confused girlfriend that never seems to be happy, a mum who seems distant and vague, an ever annoying sister and the troubles of finding people to start a rock band, life is hard! But Josh is charming and funny and you can't help but like him- he can be a bit of a prat at times but that's part of his charm.
I found this book just as funny as the first with some real laugh out loud moments that will literally have you giggling as you read. Teenagers will relate to Josh and his friends whilst older readers will remember what it was like to be that age. 
With some real heart touching moments and some death rock metal lyrics too- this book has something for everyone and I would strongly recommend it. I hope to see more about Josh in the future and lots more from J.A Buckle.

My Rating  

No comments: