Friday 5 November 2010

Book Blogger Hop: November 5th-8th

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is an awesome way to for book bloggers to interact and find each other. Such a wonderful idea! There's a new question every week that all the participating blogs have to answer. This week's question comes from Vicki who blogs at The Wolf's Den:

"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"
 
As I am a fairly new blogger, building up the number of people following me is quite important and everytime i log in and see the number has gone up it does make my heart flutter a bit and i get excited, so of course if i lost followers i would be disappointed and a little upset, but i have to remember it's not personal, and people change. 
I haven't stopped following a blog yet, but i only follow ones i really have an interest in. I am now following quite a few, but i will look at there updates in my dashboard and visit a variety of them and even leave comments. I think that is the key, only follow ones you are really interested in, not just for the sake of it in the hope they will follow you back.
 
 The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, go back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added

If you've stopped by my blog from the hop, welcome, it's great to have you here, please feel free to look around, and follow. I will then visit you in turn. :D

2 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

You have to look for my answer underneath the mountain pictures on my blog. I like your reply. It seems silly to worry about followers...it's comments I like! I think it is strange that I have very few followers that I actually know so if I lose one follower oh well, I didn't know then anyway.
-Anne
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Like you, while I still follow MANY more blogs than I can actually visit all of the time, I do open up my Reader a couple of times a week to catch up on some of posts and make a visit. Do I get to visit ALL of them all of the time? No; and I know I miss out on some interesting content. But I do make the effort.

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries