Wednesday 10 November 2010

Book Review - Ghost Town

Synopsis
When Claire is ordered to repair the systems that protect Morganville, it's not just cutting into her study time, it's a life-threatening problem. If there's one thing this vampire-infested town is serious about, it's security. But achieving the impossible only brings a whole new set of problems, and the upgrades have unexpected consequences: people inside the town are slowly beginning to forget who they are, even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment - before she forgets how to save Morganville... 


My Review
It's been quite a while since I read the other books in this series, but that didn't matter, within minutes of picking this book up I was right back there, back in Morganville, it was like returning to see old friends. Let me just say Rachel Caine is a LEGEND! her books are so gripping, funny, moving and fast paced. I can't get enough of them, her characters come to life on the page and this book had me gasping (at one point i actually gasped loudly and shouted 'no' everyone in the room turned to look at me!), crying, laughing and staying up until one in the morning to finish, i just couldn't stop reading. 
Myrnin has a big part in this book which I am so happy about, because Myrnin rocks, he is my favourite character, and some of the one liners she gives him are fantastic, all the usual characters also appear, Oliver, Amelie etc, but with memory loss you see a whole different side of them!
When Claire is told she has to repair the machine that controls Morganville security, she thinks it's impossible, she does manage it, but things don't go the way she planned, people start to forget who they are, Vampires turn wild, people go crazy and the town starts to fall apart. Can Claire fix the problem before she too forgets who she is.
 With some very moving scenes, dramatic fights and laugh out loud moments, I bet you won't be able to put it down either.
Can't wait for the next installment. Please Rachel Caine, give us another one! :D


My Rating
I would give this book 10/10, it has pride of place on my shelves and is just fantastically superb.

No comments: