Wednesday 8 May 2013

3 Wishes - Emma Newman Project

Emma Newman author of 'The Split Worlds' series is trying to create a bit of community magic.

She is asking people to think about what you would wish for if you hda just 3 wishes. You then share your wishes with her and anyone else taking part, and then wait to see if someone can make your wish come true.

Of course that means that your wishes are at lest in some way achievable, or able to be helped with.Then is someone has a contact, resource or ability of some kind to help you, they can get in touch and help your wish come true.
So my standard wishes of winning the lottery, for my friends and family to all be happy and in jobs/relationships etc that they love or being able to go on holiday would not be ideal here.



I have thought about this long and hard, but here are my wishes:

1. To get my YA novel published, and I mean traditional publishing - with a proper publishing company instead of self-publishing. If anyone has any contacts I'd love to hear from you, or really any tips on querying would be helpful.

2. I would love to look at a career in publishing, so far I don't have any degrees or anything, but would love to see what it would be like to make sure it's the path for me. I'm submitting my application to Egmont Press for Work Experience this weekend. But any advice or contacts elsewhere would be appreciated.

3. I would love to raise more than £100 for Cancer research. I am taking part in 'Race for Life' this year with 2 of my colleagues. We are going to run the 10K race, I've started training for it and everything. I lost my gran to Cancer last year and I want to do as much as possible to raise awareness and money for further research so other people don't have to go through that.
If you would like to help by making a donation please go to our Sponsor Page here


So those are my wishes for now. It's important to me that one of them is selfless, I want to spread the love further.
So if you can help with my or any of the other wishes found on Emma Newman's page I appreciate it, if not, that's OK. Don't feel like you have to, but if you have wishes of your own feel free to join in.

"These three wishes are part of a wish-making community organised by author Emma Newman to celebrate the release of the second Split Worlds novel "Any Other Name". Can you make any of them come true? Come and see what other people are wishing for and find out how to join in at www.splitworlds.com/split-worlds-extra/three-wishes – who knows, perhaps someone could make one of your wishes come true."

No comments: