Friday 6 April 2012

Book Review - Gregor & The Curse Of The Warmbloods

Title: Gregor & The Curse of the Warmbloods
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: Underland Chronicles
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 18 Oct 2011 (this edition)
ISBN-13: 978-1407121154

Synopsis
Gregor and Boots must return to the Underland to help ward off a plague. It is spreading fast, and when it claims one of Gregor's family, he begins to truly understand his role in the Prophecy of Blood. Gregor must summon all his power to end the biological warfare that threatens the fate of every warmblooded creature. 


My Review
I've really got into this series and I was eager to get stuck into the next book, but I went to Harry Potter Studio Tours yesterday (more on that in another post) so I didn't get to read anything. But as it's 'Good Friday' I got the day off work so I settled to read this book and I finished it very quickly. 
Gregor is called back to the Underland, once more a prophecy dictates his involvement, but this time much more is at risk, a plague has spread and is affecting all warm blooded creatures, and when a member of his family comes down with the dreaded illness, he knows he must solve the prophecy and find a cure.
Gregor is sitll maturing and finding out what he can do/achieve and it's great to go on that journey with him. Boots is growin up and becoming a great character, cheeky, fun and the occassional helpful thought thrown in there, I love her interaction with Cockroach Temp.
Ripred the rat is still sarcastic and moody but I am really starting to like him.
I was wondering where Collins could go with this world, but it seems like the possibilities are endless with it, and every book seems to get better and better.
This story seemed to have a lot more at risk, a lot of characters have died in previous books and you know that the journey will be dangerous, add in the threat of a deadly disease and the risks are raised, Luxa is still missing in this book, and I did miss her presence but hoped she would turn up again. There are some new characters too, Hamnet is interesting, I wasn't sure for a long time whether he was going to help or hurt them. Frill teh lizard also gave me a surprise.
This book seems to really dig deeper into the world and is filled with twists and turns that I didn't expect, and it's just made me want to read the next book even more.

My Rating
 

No comments: