Saturday 16 August 2014

Book Review - Fintan Fedora Explores Again

Title: Fintan Fedora Explores Again
Author: Clive Goddard
Series: Fintan Fedora (book 2)
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: 3 July 2014
ISBN-13: 978-1407139111

Synopsis
Fintan Fedora is the world's worst explorer.

He's so rubbish, he can't even find a lost sock!

But that's not going to stop him. He's off to China to find the legendary lost treasures of Yin.

Can Fintan dodge the angry gangsters and kung fu fighters and bring back the treasure?


My Review
I read book 1 in this series over 2 years ago now but it has stayed with me and I still recommend it to people, so when I found out there was a second book I knew I had to read it. I ordered it at the library and waited for it to come in. I have been working my way through a series of books by Will Hill, but they are too big to carry in my handbag, so on my way out yesterday I grabbed this book and popped it in my bag (I never go out anywhere without a book on me). 
I ended up getting there early and had 20 minutes to sit and wait, I pulled this book out and read the first 61 pages in that time and struggled to put it down. 
These books are pure delight, so full of fun and sillyness- it will make you laugh out loud and groan at the cheesyness - but in a good way. 
I picked it up again this morning and got straight back into it. I finished it within a couple of hours overall, it was just as charming as the first book and full of witty, sarcastic humour. 
I really enjoyed reading it and think Fintan is a real treasure of a character. 
This would be a great series to give to a book group, would create some good discussions with the children.
I hope there will be more to come in this series.

My Rating
    

No comments: