Friday 27 November 2015

Book Review - Endgame (Night School)

Title: Endgame
Author: CJ Daugherty
Series: Endgame
Publisher: Atom
Release Date: 11 Jun. 2015
ISBN-13: 978-0349001722

Synopsis
Broken. Scattered. But not defeated.
The spy is gone but the cost has been high - the rebels at Cimmeria Academy have lost their leader and Carter West is missing. Nathaniel can taste victory. But Allie and the other survivors aren't done yet. First they have to get Carter back. Then they plan to make Nathaniel pay.
One way or another - the game must end.
Endgame is the thrilling fifth and final book in the internationally bestselling Night School series.


My Review
I have fallen behind with my reviews since July and I apologise for that, but I have good reason, I moved house - moving in with my boyfriend but the house needed renovation work, then I got engaged so I've been planning a wedding as well as the usual work and university course from home meaing my blog has been neglected. 
I actually read this book in July, I remember this because I read it whilst waiting in line at LFCC/YALC in London to meet CJ Daugherty herself. She was very nice and really easy to talk to and signed all of my books for me.
So I will do the best review I can, luckily it was an awesome book and one that has left an impression on me so I remember it quite well.
I love the Night School series and I know I was waiting for this book to come out with high anticipation. 
It starts right after the previous book has ended, right in the middle of the action and continuing on with the story. Carter has been taken, Ally wants him back but Nathaniel is up to his usual tricks and no one really knows who to trust anymore. 
Throughout the series we have seen Ally grow from a rebellious teenager to a mature crime fighting, sarcastic young lady. She is one of my favourite heroines as she isn't afraid to say what she thinks, she's determined and very loyal. She has her weaknesses too which makes her human and even more realistic. 
I read this book in a couple of days and found it hard to put it down, it was full of intrigue and loads of twists and turns throughout kept me guessing until the end. 
I am sad this is the last one as I love this world and the story writing, but it ends satisfactorily, actually very well, so whilst I am sad to be leaving Cimmeria accademy behind, i loved it whilst it lasted, and I know for sure that I will be re-reading the series numerous times to visit my old friends again.

My Rating
      

No comments: