Thursday 11 April 2013

Book Review - Angel In The Storm

Title: Angel in the Storm
Author: Lisa Grace
Series: The Angel (book 2)
Publisher: Lisa Grace Books
Release Date: 1st July 2011
ASIN: B005944PEE

Synopsis
Max, Megan’s younger brother, is missing. He’s been sold to human traffickers in New Orleans by the evil angel Judas. Megan is soon arrested and charged with her missing brother’s murder. The only way to clear her name is to find Max. With the help of Johnny, who is a good angel, and her friends, Megan is soon on the run in a desperate attempt to find and rescue Max.

When Judas offers her an impossible choice— how can Megan choose? The battle continues as lives are threatened and lost, not only by the rising waters of a hurricane, but in a climatic confrontation with Judas, and some will not make it out alive…


My Review
This review may contain spoilers from book 1.
This book carries on where book 1 finished, Max is missing and Megan is desperate to get him back, but Jude is doing everything he can to keep her away and cause as much havoc as possible. With her friends by her side Megan is determined to find her brother and bring him home. 
Again this book focuses a lot on religion and faith but I knew it would be there and expected it and in fact I quite liked bits of it. As I said in my review of book 1, I am a Christian and am proud of my faith so I actually found myself becomming quite comfortable with it. If you are not religious then you will probably find these books too pushy and preachy but if you are curious about religion, they are worth trying. It really depends on what or how much you want to believe in.
Most of the characters from book 1 are back including some new ones. The book is told from multiple perspectives, in fact most of the characters get at least one chapter, obviously some like Max, Megan and Seth get more than others but they all feature.
The writing was still a bit 'spectator' like, again I didn't feel like I was 'in' the story, but being told it. You are still very much kept on the outside, you are told what's happening and what the characters are feeling, instead of shown or pulled in by them. 
But I did read this book quite quickly and found the plot exciting and adventurous. I found myself routing for the main characters and hoping Max would find his way home and everyone else would make it through too.
I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this book and had to get book 3 to find out what happens next.

My Rating
           

No comments: