Tuesday 2 April 2013

Book Review - Saved At Sunrise

Title: Saved at Sunrise
Author: C.C. Hunter
Series: Shadow Falls (book 4.5 -novella)
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: 2 April 2013
ASIN: B00B8SAI78

Synopsis
Nestled deep in the woods, Shadow Falls is a secret camp where teens with supernatural powers learn to harness their abilities and live in the normal world.  But Shadow Falls is facing a problem that could finally expose them to the rest of the world.  Humans are showing up dead, and rogue vampires may be to blame.
Camp resident Della Tsang, who’s still coming into her own vampire powers, is assigned to help find those responsible. If she succeeds, maybe she’ll even land her dream job: working for the F.R.U., the enforcers of the supernatural world.  But when she sees that her new partner is a hunky shapeshifter, things get complicated.  Steve, too gorgeous to be trusted and capable of seeing through her tough-as-nails exterior, knows just how to get under her skin.  And only hours into the mission, Della realizes rogue vampires aren’t the only threat she’s facing. If she’s ever going to complete her assignment, she’ll need his help…but learning to trust him will be her hardest challenge yet.


My Review
The Shadow Falls series has become one of my obsessions, I just can't get enough of it, I'm always waiting for news of whats to come and any chance I get to talk about it or recommend it I will take it! 
Saved at Sunrise is a novella from the series, it takes place time wise shortly after book 4 and this time is told from Della's point of view. Della has always been one of my favourite characters, I like her feisty toughness and rough exterior, but you just know there is more to her than that and I looked forward to getting to know her more. You certainly get to see her develop as a character and see another side of her which is refreshing and also makes you feel like you know her better, she becomes more relate-able.
Della is being sent on a mission to scout out a group of rogue Vampires, but she's not alone, Steve, the good looking Shapeshifter is sent to accompany her. I wasn't sure how the two would work together but they fit well and have good chemistry. IN fact I realy like Steve, he has a kind of sarcastic, charming humour to him but also a really sensitive caring side. *melt*
Although this is very short there is a lot packed in and it leaves you desperately wanting more, which I am delighted to know will be coming. Not only is Chosen at Nightfall (book 5) coming out later this month but Della is set to have her own series carrying on and I couldn't be more excited!
C.C. Hunter is certainly on my list of favourites and I can't wait for more!

To keep you going though and to convince you to read this book (and the whole series) here is the trailer for 'Saved at Sunrise'



   
My Rating

    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek I LOVE this series too! I can't wait to get to this eNovella, I'm waiting to be able to read book 4 first but this sounds exciting getting to see something from Della's POV!

Miss J @ Miss Book Reviews

rose.ann.castro said...

Awesome trailer! gonna grab this one! Great review. :)

barmybex said...

Miss J - it is better if you can read book 4 first. They are both awesome though, just know you will love them!

Rose - Thanks! hope you enjoy, I'm sure you will