Friday 26 April 2013

FF (119)


Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is
I’ll Tumble for YA

Q:  Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or vice versa? What is the song & the book?

 My Answer: I love books that come with playlists from the author at the back. Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine for example, I have a whole playlist for the songs she recommended.  So in that way yeah. The one I always think of is 'Ghost Town' by Shiny Toy Guns. It's weird and a bit heavier rock thank I usually like but it's cool. I also like 'The Geeks Were Right' by The Faint. 

 But my favourite song that I associate to a book is 'Iridescent' by Linken Park. This fits perfectly to 'The Hunger Games' it basically tells their story, the loss, the devastation, the helplessness. 

 

Love this weeks question! May find some great music from it too. :D 

Happy Hopping & Blogging. :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't think of any songs that remind me of a book. I don’t connect music to books, and I usually read in quiet.

New Follower via GFC
My FF @ The Creative Forum

Happy Reading! :)

Pooja. S said...

The lyrics definitely capture the frustration in the gaming arena! Following via GFC, great pick xD

Fly to the Sky said...

I love that song and for The Hunger Games, it's perfect! Great pick!
New Follower via linky!
Here's my FF post

barmybex said...

KayKay - I can read pretty much anywhere and up to a few months ago I would have said I preferred the quiet. But lately I find I read quicker if I have music on quietly in the background - so nothing intrusive just gently in the back.

Pooja - thanks!

Fly - Thanks. I love it too.

Thanks for stopping by and following. ;D

Nikki R said...

Wow, that song totally fits THG - great pick!

My F&F