Friday 5 April 2013

FF (116)


Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is
Megan @ Book Worm in Love

Q:  Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate — ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

My Answer: Yes, but mostly because of book days/ courses at work. Every year at the library we have a book of the year scheme, where staff taking part are sent a selection of books to read, we then all meet up for a day and discuss them, then vote for a favourite.

There have been two books that I was totally shocked by. The first was 'Furnace' by Alexander Gordon Smith. I looked at it, read the blurb and thought 'Oh No!', it looked scary, depressing and just not my sort of thing, but if I do something I do it properly, I had to read the book to have a fair view and choice and I was so surprised that I loved it. If you look back through my blog I ended up reading the entire series, Alexander Gordon Smith has become an awesome contact too, I have messaged him and friended him online and hosted him for promotion posts, he has become one of my favourite authors. So I was so glad I read that book. Sometimes you have to give things a try!

The second one was 'Marked' by P.C & Kristin Cast. At that point I wasn't into Vampire books, I always swore I would never read one. but again in came up in Book of the Year at work so I read it, and I have to be thankful actually, because it introduced me to a whole new genre of books. 

So I think it's good to try different things - you might be pleasantly surprised. :D

 

 

Happy Hopping & Blogging. :D

 

4 comments:

Top 5 Amazon Deals said...

Hi!

Jana @ A Novel Reality

Danielle Annett said...

i agree with the need to b openminded, great answer!
new GFC follower
Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

Annette Mills said...

I agree. I try to keep an open mind, and have tried some books that are "different." Many times I've been pleasantly surprised. And, if you vary the genres you read, you don't get bored as easily.

barmybex said...

Hi Jana!
Thanks Danielle. :D
True Annette - i try to keep a few genres open to keep a good mix. Have a fab weekend. :D