Sunday 31 October 2010

Book Review - Torment

Synopsis
In Torment fallen angel Daniel and his mortal love Lucinda think they are safe but evil forces are massing against them. As Luce learns more about her past, and discovers that the lives she’s already lived hold the key to her future happiness; she starts to wonder if Daniel has told her the whole truth. What if his version of events isn’t the way things happened? What if that means that she’s really meant to be with someone else? 


My Review
As i struggled a bit with book 1, I wasn't overly enthused to read this one, but thought i would give it a chance and I'm glad I did. For me this book was sooo much better than the first. I was immediately hooked and couldn't read it fast enough. Swept away to a special school in California, Luce tries to find out more about her past and what Daniel really means to her. Whilst there she learns more about the Announcers (Shadows) and meets some new friends. I loved Shelby, her quick wit was great and Miles is a sweet heart. There is quite a bit of intrigue and as Luce discovered her past, i was as interested as she was. Some moments in this book surprised me and some I managed to guess as I went along. 
I did get confused at some points as to who was on what 'side', what with Truce's and different creatures and alliances, i had to really think about who did what, but once I had got it in my head, the book flowed. 
I can't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but the book gives you a much better insight into a lot of characters, and the Ending, OMG, the Ending!!! was amazing, cannot believe i have to wait until next summer for 'Passion'. After finishing the book, i just sat there going 'ooh, omg' I need the next part!!

On another note, my copy of the book had a special chapter, it was from Book 1, 'Daniels First Sighting' which tells you about the day Luce turns up at Swords & Cross, but from his point of view. It was very interesting, and I think it should be put in all editions. Fans of the book would love it. 

My Rating
 I would give this book 8.5, a definite must read!!! :D 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a very honest and frank review.
Thanks for posting it.
Mike Draper