Tuesday 1 February 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Secret Life Of Bees


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
My Teasers: 'The Secret Life of Bees' by Sue Monk Kidd




"I was the only one who knew that despite her sharp ways, her heart was more  tender than a flower skin and she loved me beyond reason."

Page 13


"I have noticed that if you look carefully at people's eyes the first five seconds they look at you, the truth of their feelings will shine through  for just an instant before it flickers away."

Page 130


What's your teasers?

4 comments:

Lori said...

Good Teaser, I hope you are enjoying your book. Here is my choice for this weeks Tuesday Teaser.

Anonymous said...

That first quote sounds quite arrogant.



My teaser is here.

Katie said...

I have heard alot of great things about this book. Can't wait for your review!

here's mine: http://novelsociety.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/teaser-tuesday-7/

barmybex said...

Lori - thanks for stopping by, i'll visit you now.

It's amazing how people see things differently and how words can be taken out of context.

Alice - i can see your point of view, i went back to reread my teaser and it can come across arrogant, but when your reading it within the book it is more hopeful and self-assuring.

Katie - thanks for stopping by. glad you're looking forward to my review, should be up by the weekend :D