Saturday 30 April 2011

Book Review - Cat O'Nine Tails

Title: Cat O'Nine Tails
Author: Julia Golding
Series: Cat Royal (book 4)
Publisher: Egmont Books
Release Date: 4th February 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1405241854

Synopsis
Cat becomes an unlikely recruit for the British Navy, takes passage to America and navigates her way through a fiendish plot to do away with Lord Francis, heir to a dukedom. From the grand Assembly Rooms of Bath to the wilds of a new frontier, Cat finds she is for once quite out of her depth. All aboard, Cat's going abroad.  

My Review
Once more I was thrust into Cat's world, she is living with Frank and the Avon family, you'd think this would be the life of luxury for Cat but she is bored out of her mind. Ready for the next adventure, she has no idea something big is waiting for her, but it is not what she imagined. When reports come through that Syd is missing and possibly press ganged into the navy service, Cat rushes to his rescue, but someone is setting them up. Thrown onto the ship and disguised as a boy Cat must become an expert sailor. Her friends Frank and Pedro join her on the ship, they have to learn quickly if to be spared the moods of the captain, but life at sea is hard work and Cat isn't used to the sea.
This book once more throws us into the unexpected, a whole new world for Cat and her friends, but I could feel myself riding the waves with them and climbing the rigging. I love sort of pirate/ship stories and this was perfect. Cat really seems to be growing up and her wit and snappy retorts are as good as ever. Having Syd play a more prominent part was great, I love him as a character and how he is so protective and loving towards Cat, he's the gentle giant. 
I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just say that i think you should grab a set of the series, lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you've read them! 

My Rating
I would of course give this book 10/10, can't get enough.    

No comments: