Friday 28 December 2012

Book Promo - The Whispers of the Sprite

When Ania moves from London to Swansea city in Wales she is hoping that her life will get a bit more exciting, after all she is running away from her controlling mother to taste more freedom and feel more independent. Everything seems to be going the way she wanted until she almost dies while taking a quiet walk around the beach in the late evening.


When she opens her eyes, nothing seems the same...

She starts seeing people that no one else is able to notice. An enchanting looking man keeps following her and Ania’s life seems to getting more exciting than she ever wished for.

After the attack something changes inside her, she has been blessed with the new frightening gift of seeing and hearing sprites all around her... the magical creatures that only existed in folklore, myths and legends of Britain.

Gabriel is attractive and handsome but no ... he is not a vampire. He keeps coming back and Ania feels an instant connection between them but this might get her into more trouble. Supernatural romance is not on her mind right now.

Because he is forbidden to even touch her ... the line between the death and love has never been so thin and the sprites won’t stop whispering until ... she will choose to love or abandon Gabriel.
 
Author's bio
Joanna Mazurkiewicz was born in Poland. She moved to United Kingdom when she was only nineteen and just finished high school. She had aspired to be a writer upon completion of the Harry Potter series but also enjoyed reading books like ‘Gone with the Wind’, ’Animal Farm’ and ‘The doll’. She graduated from Swansea University with a bachelor degree in American Studies. While studying in the UK she made a decision to start writing fiction in English.
The “Whispers of the Sprite” is her first debut novel and she is currently working on the second book in the series. Joanna lives in Cowbridge, a small town in South Wales near Cardiff with her boyfriend Bruce. She enjoys cycling around Welsh countryside some of which has become the settings in her first series.  
I also attach the excerpt, cover and my pic

Excerpt:
 
The tearing pain in my stomach wakes me up late in the night. The clock on the wall is showing a few minutes past 2 am.  The lower part of my body feels as though someone is tearing apart every inch of my skin, the excruciating sharp pulsing pain is penetrating my stomach. It's unbearable and I need to call for a nurse. I try to move a little but I am only making it worse. The hospital is encircled by solitude, my room is separate and I am alone. In the darkness, I try to find the switch to call for help but I am not sure where or which button to press. I look around the room, and I gasp in fear because I realise that I am not alone.
There is someone by the window once again, and my heart starts to accelerate. My subconscious is telling me to scream, the shock mutes my words. The pain is getting worse and I am in agony but my eyes are looking at the tall figure in the corner. I tell myself that he is only in my imagination and in few seconds, the room will be empty. I turn my head to the right and I open my eyes, he is standing right beside me. I am trying to concentrate on his face but I am on the edge of passing out. The doctor wasn't right about strong medication. In the darkness, the odd man looks real and if I had all my strength, I could reach out my hand and touch him. He places his palm on my forehead; his touch is warm and hypnotising. The pain slowly drifts out of my body and after a few seconds, I am dreaming about his thrilling azure eyes. 

No comments: