Monday 9 May 2011

10 Good Things on a Monday (12)


Ten Good Things on a Monday is a fancy meme hosted by Nice Nina @ Brush Up on Your Reading!

Here's how it works:

  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!

This week I am going to do 10 books I loved as a Child



1) The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood and Don Wood. 
I loved this when I was little, my mum would read it to me and do all different voices. I still have my copy (well worn and much read)

2) The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
I was fascinated by this book, and thought it was funny. Teaches a great story of loving who you are too. I still have this one too.
 
3) This Is The Bear by Sarah Hayes. 
I loved the whole series of these and can still recite parts of it. I always imagined it was me and my bear having the adventures. And this one too, still on my shelves
 
4) The Bad Tempered Ladybird by Eric Carle
This story was so well written, love the different animals the ladybird tries to fight. And this one is still on my shelves. :D

5) The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
My gran has a collectors box of all the stories and would let us read them when we went round to her house, I always looked forward to it. Got my own copies now :D

6) Animal Ark series by Lucy Daniels
I was obsessed with these books when I was about 8/9, decided I should read all of them, was about 30 books I think.

7) Charlotte's Web by E.B White
This was one of the first proper books I read and I fell in love with it, so much magic and wonder and such a sweet story. I bought a new copy of this last year so I had one to keep

8) Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C O'Brien
My mum had an old copy and told me I would enjoy it, and she was so right, this remains my favourite book of all time. Really captured my imagination. (I couldn't find the old cover so this is the new one, this is the copy I now own as my mums was falling apart from over-use)

9) The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann
This is another one that still remains in my top books. I was absolutely captivated my the story of these animals and must have re-read them a hundred times. (I couldn't find the old cover so this is the new one. I love how the books look on my shelf, love them)

10) The Lottie Project by Jacqueline Wilson
I was definitely a Wilson fan, I read all the books she had out and owned quite a few but this one was my favourite, just seemed a bit different to her other ones. 

Really want to go back and re-read some of those again now. :D

So that's my 10 for this week.

Have a good week everyone. :D


3 comments:

Nina B. said...

It's so awesome that you still have some of your books from your childhood. I was such a big fan of those Little Golden Books and I would read them over and over again. Sadly, I do not remember what happened to those books after my brother was born.

Thank you so much for sharing your Good Things this week, Becky! Have a great week!

Brush Up On Your Reading

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Fantastic list. It made me smile. Oh the memories :)

barmybex said...

Thanks for stopping by. :D

I just couldn't get rid of them, they contain so many good memories, maybe one day in the future I will share them with my own children. :P