Ten Good Things on a Monday is a fancy meme hosted by Nice Nina @ Brush Up on Your Reading!
Here's how it works:
- Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
- If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
- Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
- Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
- Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
1) Harry Potter - the entire series really but Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite. They brought the world to life so well with as few changes as possible and cast the characters so well. Can't wait for the final installment.
2) A Series of Unfortunate Events - based on the first 3 books i the series. Jim Carey is fabulous as Count Olaf and they got the whole gothic feel down perfectly.
3) A Little Princess - This was always one of my favourite films and one of the few that I prefer the film for. I found the book slightly disappointing.
4) Charlottes Web - I always loved the book and the film adaptation was really good. I'm a fan of Dakota Fanning anyway but think she portrayed Fern really well.
5) Stardust - Such a fantastic film, one I have watched over and over. I also like the changes they made from the book. Think I prefer the movie to the book.
6) Narnia - They brought the world to life fantastically and I adore Aslan. Reepicheep is fantastic too when we see him in the later films.
7) Alice In Wonderland - both Disney versions, old and new. Original animated Disney is my favourite though, and I used to watch this all the time, it was my favourite. I knew all the songs and everything. The Mad Hatter was always my favourite.
8) The Secret Life of Bees - was a very good book and they hardly changed anything. Really brought the story to life and had me laughing and crying all over again.
9) Ella Enchanted - Such a good movie, action packed and fun. One of my favourite films. Wasn't overly keen on the book though strangely.
10) The Devil Wears Prada - I have to confess I've never read the book of this, but I loved the film, Anne Hathaway is fantastic alongside Meryl Streep.
There are so many more I could list here, but kept it to the first ones that popped into my head. 99% of the time I think the book is always going to be better, but as you can see there are a couple above that I preferred the film version.
I am desperate to see 'I Am Number Four', the book was incredible and I can't wait to see the film, the DVD is out soon so I'll have to buy it!
Have a great week everyone. :D