If you want to know more about this, head over to the website Armchair BEA.com
So today's post is supposed to be introducing me, the person behind the blog. So here goes.
My name is Becky (as you may have guessed from the name of my blog), I've been blogging since August 2010. Starting up a blog was a bit of an on the spot decision. I always talk about books, to anyone that stands still long enough for me to spurt words at them (hehe), and so I decided I needed a proper audience for my book hype. I cam across some book blogs online and decided there and then to start my own. It started as a little project that I would log onto every few days, but now it has grown and I am on it all the time (more often than maybe I should be.)
I mainly review YA books, mostly Fantasy/Paranormal and what I refer to as Chic Lit. However I do occassionally put some Adult book reviews - things like Arthur Conan Doyle or Cecelia Ahern.
So far I have remained anonymous on my blog, I have avoided putting pictures of me up, but think I will give you one look at the girl behind the blog. Are you ready for this... here it is:
hehe, got you going there. But seriously now this is me:
I will now give you some random facts to go with the face.
1) I am 22 years old, but many people think I'm still about 16/17. I get asked for ID for everything.
2) I love books about Vampires/Werewolves etc, but when I was younger these things terrified me. Especially Vampires- I would have nightmares about being bitten!
3) The Hunger Games is my favourite book! I am even wearing a T-shirt with the Mockingjay on as I write this.
4) I have only ever been on holiday once. I got my passport in November last year and went to Disneyland Paris in February this year. Before that I had never had a holiday or been out of the country, but now I have got the travelling bug and can't wait to jet off again.
5) I am mildly obsessed with Pirates! I'm so excited about the new Pirates of the Caribbean film. and I've been known to randomly say thinkgs like 'argh, and shiver me timbers' I find it funny, others around me - not so much.
6) I can meow and purr like a cat, what can I say it's a talent, but some people find it a little bit freaky
7) When I was little I wanted to be an Olympic Gymnast - I now aspire to be an author. I have written one book which I am trying to get published and I am halfway through writing a second. Any publishers reading this that want a YA Fantasy novel - don't be shy. :D
8) I can tell if a book is good or not by it's smell, I love the smell of books. (I'm not a crazy freak honest)
9) In total contrast to the previous statement, I pride myself on being a bit of a crazy freak. I love to have fun, I'm permanently hyper and come out with the weirdest sayings/expressions.
10) I haven't ever met any of my fellow bloggers but consider some of them my friends.
So, here's what I hope to get from Armchair BEA -
I couldn't attend the real event as I live in the UK and am broke, there is no way I could fund such a trip, but am hoping to be able to go in the coming years.
I'm hoping that by taking part in Armchair BEA I will meet more fellow bloggers and get to know you all, find some great book recommendations and of course I'm looking forward to the giveaways (who doesn't love a good giveaway!) I also cannot wait to live through the people that are there - although I know I will turn green with envy!
So lets have an Awesome Armchair BEA - leave me a comment and I will stop by your blog. Let's spread the love and get to know each other.