Author Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Anne Elisabeth Stengl makes her home in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she lives with her husband, Rohan, a passel of cats, and one long-suffering dog. When she's not writing, she enjoys Shakespeare, opera, and tea, and studies piano, painting, and pastry baking. She studied illustration at Grace College and English literature at Campbell University. She is the author of HEARTLESS, VEILED ROSE, MOONBLOOD, and STARFLOWER, with DRAGONWITCH due to release in 2013. HEARTLESS and VEILED ROSE have each been honored with a Christy Award.
When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps the lovely Lady Gleamdren, Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission...and a race against his rival for Gleamdren's favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal.
But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between this mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren's rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?
I asked the author:
which 10 places you would most like to visit (real or imaginary)
1. Sri Lanka. My husband was born and grew up there, and it is such a gorgeous country! I would love to see it in person, to meet friends and family-by-marriage, and to explore all the old temples and palaces. And the tea plantations!!!!
2. England. I spent my early childhood there, and I haven't been back since I was ten years old. I would really love to return to some of those childhood haunts . . . and to the wonderful historical locations I simply did not appreciate as a little'un.
3. Narnia. My bestest buddy and I used to pretend we lived in Narnia, and our imaginations were pretty darn good! But I would love to go there for real . . . .
4. Paris. Another place I visited as a child but really didn't appreciate as I should!
5. New York City. Never been! My husband has and says it's great, so I think I'm due a NYC adventure . . .
6. Scotland. Yup. Been there. Was seven. Didn't appreciate it. Story of my life!
7. Austria. My family heritage! I would like to see if I could find the legendary Altenburg Castle that my family supposedly once owned . . . .
8. Japan. I've been to Okinawa, but not to mainland Japan. I think it would be fun to explore!
9. Italy. As a lover of opera, I really should go see Italy someday!
10. Australia. I have family-by-marriage out there, not to mention a few dear fans who have become my friends! I would love to go Down Under and see all those lovely people. Plus, I hear they have this wonderful opera house . . . .
Author Page on Amazon: A Tale of Goldstone Wood