Thursday 3 January 2013

Top 12 of 2012: 2 Ally Condie


Welcome to the second of my Top 12's.

I first read this author in November 2010 and instantly fell in love with her book, I then read book 2 in December 2011 and was instantly back into that world. 2012 saw the release of book 3 - the eagerly anticipated conclusion.

I am of course talking about Ally Condie, of course you knew that from the title of this post but I wanted to build her up. :D

Although I haven't read book 3 yet, I did re-read book 1 & 2 in 2012 so I figured I could count them in my top 12.

If you don't know Ally Condie's books you are in for a treat, I'm going to introduce the series to you. If you are a fan then I hope you appreciate the love for the series, and enjoy the trailers. ;D


Book 1 - Matched

In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow — between perfection and passion.

I always loved the cover of this book, the girl trapped in the bubble perfectly symbolizes what the book is about and it's so pretty.

Check out the trailer on Youtube:



Book 2 - Crossed


In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border.

But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

The storyline steps up, the girl starts breaking out. I think this cover is so awesome and the whole book took me only a couple of hours to read it was so fast paced and addictive.  The love triangle aspect between Cassia, Ky & Xander really steps up in this, I have my favourite for sure.

Check out the trailer on Youtube:



Book 3 - Reached

Cassia faces the ultimate choices in the long-anticipated conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Matched Trilogy.

After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.

In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times bestselling Matched Trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without.

As I say, I haven't read this one yet, but I got it for Christmas and it's the next in my pile. I cannot wait to get stuck into it. It's been a long time coming but I know it will be worth the wait. This cover is so striking in the red, she's burst out - but is she free?
Who knows, this may feature in my 'Best of 2013' list if I do one next year. Keep an eye out for my review in the next few days to see if it's as good as I hope it will be. :P

Check out the trailer on Youtube:

Can I just say EPIC!!!


This is more of a promotional post really, but I had to mention this series- It's too awesome not to.
If Ally Condie sees this post (however unlikely that is) - thanks for writing such an amazing series. You take my breath away and let me loose myself in your stories. Cassia, Ky, Xander - they've all become like old friends and I can't wait to see how it all ends for them.


So if you haven't read this series, I highly encourage you to, you won't be disappointed.


For more information visit the official ''Matched Series Website'


*I don't own any of the images or videos included in this post, credit & copyright to the official sources*


Come back tomorrow for my next pick of 2012

Don't forget you can win one of the featured books from any of the days if you go to the 'Introduction post', any time during the duration of this feature (1st - 14th Jan) Earn extra entries for spreading the news.

2 comments:

Rachel R. said...

I love the Matched trilogy! I also love the symbolism of the covers and the bubbles. You do ask an interesting question, Cassia breaks out but will she be free? It's also interesting that in the EPIC trailer she's breaking out a boy rather than herself. I wonder if she will end up with Ky or Xander because I haven't read the third book either.
Happy Reading in 2013!

barmybex said...

Thanks for stopping by.
Yeah, I noticed that in the trailer too, it made me want to read the book even more.
Happy 2013