Saturday 13 August 2011

Quote Love (21)

Quote Love is a new meme hosted by 'Midnight Twilight'. It's kind of like Teaser Tuesday from Should Be Reading, but with this one you can choose any quote from any book, not just the one you're currently reading. The quote can be thought provoking, or funny, or just really powerful, it's all up to you which kind of quote you choose.


Here is what you have to do to participate:
1) Choose one of your favorite quotes.
2) Post the quote, and write what you like about it.
3) Make sure to put the title and author so if someone else likes the quote they can check out the book.
4) Post your link on Midnight Twilight's Post.

So here is my quote for the week:

"Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months you are not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut grass smell in the air and the chance to dive in the deep end of the pool give you a courage you don't have the rest of the year. You can be graceful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out."

Page 6 - "Honey, Baby, Sweetheart" by Deb Caletti. 


I chose this because I think it gives a lovely image of what summer can be. I have got the next week off work so I'm feeling very summery at the moment and this just seemed to fit my mood perfectly. 


Happy Summer everyone!!!
Now I just need some good weather so I can have a day at the beach! :D


Enjoy your weekend!

Don't forget to enter my Blogoversary Giveaway Hop - Open until 16th August) International. 

3 comments:

Liz. R said...

Aw, what a lovely quote! I haven't read anything by Deb Caletti before but I might have to try this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this quote. Summer is full of possibilities. I just wish it was longer! :)

barmybex said...

thanks for visiting.

Yeah Summer seems to fly by, never long enough. :D