Friday 24 February 2012

FF (58) & TGIF (41)



Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is from
Oh! For the Love of Books

Q: Activity!!! Take a picture or describe where you love to read the most…

My Answer: I would take a picture, but it's just gone 10 at night, I have 2 cats on my lap and my chair is a mess, so I will describe it instead.

I can basically read anywhere but I am most comfortable on the sofa/couch in our living/front room. I sit on the left end of the sofa so I have the arm of the chair on my left. It's a big green sofa and quite soft and squidgy, it's fairly old now so I sort of have my own groove. I sit with my legs curled up under or just to the side of me, with my left arm propped up on the arm of the sofa and the book lying on the arm. I tend to have the cats on my legs keeping me nice and warm :D

I have a chair next to the sofa that might as well be a table as it is piled high with books and papers and a drink of juice within easy reach. My own little nook. 



TGIF!





This meme is hosted by GReads!

This Friday's Question:
 
Required Reading: Which book from your school days 
do you remember reading & enjoying? Is there a book published now 
that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?
 

My Answer: I never really enjoyed any of the books I read at school, they were all rather depressing stories or Shakespeare (I studied the same Shakespeare for 5 years in a row though so got very bored of that, Macbeth seemed to be the choice of every teacher. grr.)

But there was a play we studied that I found fascinating and that was 'An Inspector Calls' by J.B Priestley. It was spooky and mysterious and I never did work out how it was all meant to have worked, but I found myself engrossed. We even went on a trip to see it at the theater and it was fabulous there too. I loved the way everything connected and trying to work out who was responsible. Fabulous.

I think Harry Potter should be on the curriculum, also The Hunger Games, there are probably more but I can't think right now.

 

Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite reading spot is my living room as well!

Kim Justice said...

I love your place to read... sounds so comfy... new follower...

Breath of Life

http://breathoflifebookreviews.blogspot.com/

fakesteph said...

I love Harry Potter and I think kids would actually read it, which would lead to good discussions. But I'm not a teacher (yet), so I don't know the current state of classroom discussions.

barmybex said...

HI Liza! thanks for stopping by.
Welcome Rev.Kim. thanks for following

barmybex said...

fakesteph - I think it would have great discussions and it's such a wonderful world with so many issues. I take it from the 'yet' that you would like to be a teacher - good on you! hope you get there.