Friday 30 May 2014

FF (164)


Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee or Alison Can Read

This week's question feature is
Margo L. Dill

How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing.

My Answer: I would have to say that good writing is very important, if I can't get into the flow of the story I won't enjoy it. The writing has to be of a high enough standard that it comes naturally to read it. Of course you then have to have a good plot and characters to make that writing interesting. but then again you can have truly amazing characters but if the writing is disjointed and badly put together you won't enjoy it - I think they are equally important!

Happy hopping and Blogging!


And don't forget to check out and comment on my new weekly discussion post 'Thursday Thoughts' this week I looked at TBR Piles.

 

4 comments:

Reading in Wellies said...

I completely agree; the writing has to really flow for me to get into a story, and I can't help but find mistakes really distracting! New follower! Have a great weekend :)
My F&F

Liezl Ruiz said...

I chose no.1.

Old bloglovin and GFC follower. Follow me back via my ff.

barmybex said...

I totally agree Vicki - mistakes tend to jump off the page at me and really ruin the flow of the story.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by, have a fab weekend. :)

Diane Lynch said...

Good answer to a hard question. I'm an existing follower.
Diane @ Diane's Book Blog