Saturday 29 December 2012

2013 Challenges

So you may know that every year I sign up to various challenges, so far this year I have found 3 to join, but more will come later I'm sure.

First up is Annette's 'Books Read In A Day' challenge

I did this challenge this year too. and surpassed all the levels, I actually did 94 books for it. I found having the challenge would make me sit that little bit longer to finsih a book instead of putting it down for the night, so that was awesome. I am quite a fast reader anyway.

So just to be clear, here are the rules etc:

Taken from Annette's Blog:

What counts?
Audio (if you can listen in a day) and ebooks are OK.
Books must be adult, YA, or middle school books. No children's or picture books allowed.
No re-reads, however you can count books read for this challenge towards other challenges in which you are participating
Copy the button, create a sign up post and post the link below.
Not required, but very helpful if you would follow my blog. That way, when I do update posts, you will be aware so you can link to them.
Please post at least a few books that you intend to read for this challenge (that my help others add to their lists), but feel free to update your list as the year goes on.
Challenge goes from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
Levels:
Level 1 - Read 15 books
Level 2 - Read 25 books
Level 3 - Read 35 books
Level 4 - Read 50+ books
I am of course signing up for Level 4. Should be easily doable.
I'm not sure what I shall read yet. I can read an average YA book in a day usually (approx 350 pages max) so I'll see what I pick up. 
So head over to Annette's Book Spot to sign up. 
Secondly I am joining
'Finish the Series' challenge by 'Reading with ABC'
I have so many book series that I have started but not made time to go back to and read the newest installment. So this will be a great challenge for me. Might inspire me to finally get on with some of those books. 

Head over to her site to sign up too. :D

The third challenge I'm joining is:

'150 + Challenge' hosted by 'My Overstuffed Bookshelf'

Once again I  will be taking part in this challenge.
Here are the rules:

1. The goal is to read 150 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Posting on GoodReads or wherever you post your reviews is good enough.
2. Allowed are: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible and comic books.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st, 2013 thru December 31, 2013. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
 
So far this year I have done 164 books so this should be achievable. I hope to get even more. :D
If you think you can do this, head over and sign up.

2 comments:

Annette Mills said...

Thanks for joining! I'm looking forward to it!

Amy J said...

Thanks for joining the challenge again this year!