Friday 14 December 2012

FF (100)

WOW, it's my 100th Follow Friday! Thanks to Parajunkee for running such an awesome meme.


Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature
Alyana & Tiff of Read, Breath, Read

Q: What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene…


My Answer: I actually cry with books quite easily as I get attached to the characters easily, but the last one that made me cry (looking back at my read list) was 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham. I read it because the film based on it just came out and I wanted to see it (missed it in the cinema though) I knew it would affect me as it is about a girl dying of cancer and I lost my gran in April to cancer, so it was personal. Even so I still would have been crying, it was a very moving book and so realistic in places.



Happy Hopping & Blogging. :D

10 comments:

Michelle SedeƱo said...

Hmm.. never heard of this book.

Here's my FF.
Have a great day!
*Old follower. :)

Anonymous said...

I get quite emotional in books,too, because I get so attached to characters.

I haven't read that one. It seems like a real tearjerker.

Sonnie said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I'll be adding it to my TBR list!

New follower via GFC :D

-Sonnie at ParaDays

Annette Mills said...

Oh, gosh yest. This one made me cry too. My STS

Nina @ Project Read and Review said...

Before I Die is my all-time favourite novel! It made me cry far too much for my own good :') new follower

Check out my FF and the New Year, News Books! giveaway

barmybex said...

Michelle - It's just been re-released with a new name to go with the movie. SO you may see it on the shelves as 'Now is Good.' Have a great weekend.

Quinn- just like me! This one had me in absolute floods!

Sonnie - it's really worth a read. :D

Annette - I don't think anyone can read this without crying.

Nina - I know what you mean. I couldn't stop. I also loved it more than I thought I would. Ended up buying my own copy to keep.


Have a fab weekend all. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a NEW follower through GCF!!

I haven't read this book yet. I have past it and considered it but never actually picked it up. May have to now! I am actually the opposite, I do not cry easy so if a book makes me cry it is automatically a five star rating!

barmybex said...

Welcome Heather B, great to have you!
I really do recommend it. Worth a try for sure, it's definitely going to make you cry. What has made you cry then? any recommendations?
:D

Unknown said...

old follower/ hadn't heard of this one before. Thanks for bringing it forward.
Happy reading!
Beth at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
;D

barmybex said...

HI Beth, thanks. :D Enjoy the rest of your weekend.