Thursday 26 May 2011

Armchair BEA - Nurturing Relationships

Today's suggested posting topic is all about Relationships!

Yesterday we talked about networking, reaching out to those people in the book blogging community. Networking is a great way to meet people but what about maintaining those connections? As we build our blogs, people comment on our posts, drop us emails, contact us on Twitter, etc. Sometimes those brief connections grow into relationships.

Well, I don't have much experience with this so I'm not really sure about what to post here. I have a couple of authors that I have met and then found on facebook/goodreads etc, then posted book reviews and got talking to them and I ended up doing an author interview with one.

But I think it's similar with bloggers, even if you haven't met. You just have to follow some guidelines:
- be friendly and genuine
- mean what you say and think about your comments. Don't just write generic comments to everyone, make it personal to the blogger - make them feel like you care about what they are saying.
- don't be a stranger, stop by and leave a comment or link a post, let them know you are interested in what they are doing.
- just be yourself, everything will fall into place eventually.

That's just my advice, I am in no way an expert, as I mentioned I am still pretty new to this and haven't had much experience, but  I am getting to know some of my fellow bloggers better and think some friendships are being formed. So thank you bloggers. :D

Enjoy your Friday's tomorrow.

3 comments:

PeaceLove&Pat said...

Good post and great advice. Good luck on your book blog :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have some good advice hear about building relationships. I definitely enjoy getting meaningful comments, and seeing the same familiar names pop up on my blog.
The blogging community can be so rewarding, interactive and fun and it's all what you put into it.
Have fun blogging!

barmybex said...

Thanks to both for stopping by. am heading to your part of the web now. :D