Tuesday 17 May 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Unreliable Life of Harry the Valet


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
 
My Teasers: The Unreliable Life of Harry the Valet by Duncan Hamilton


"The Valet was exultant. He'd smoothly pulled off what he regarded as one of his greatest criminal exploits."
Page 85




"He'd never be the same man - or the same thief - again. As one newspaper eloquently out it, 'Like Samson, he fell to a woman's charms."
Page 116 


This was slightly harder to pick as it's non-fiction, but think they should take your fancy.

What are your teasers?

7 comments:

Julie said...

This DOES sound interesting. I'm going to check out more about the book. Thanks for sharing your teasers!

Anonymous said...

A criminal valet? Tell me more.

Great teaser. My teaser is here

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like nonfiction that reads like fiction. Your teaser does that. Thank you!
My teaser is here:
http://iousex.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I don't know this book but that's a great teaser - I want to know more now!
Here's mine:
http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

Anonymous said...

A woman showed him the straight and narrow path?

barmybex said...

It is a good, interesting book and reads like fiction throughout so it's easier to read. The sort of NF I like :D

If you can check it out you should! I'm almost done, my review should be up in the next couple of days.

Thanks to all for stopping by. :D

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Very intriguing teaser. Thanks for sharing.