Sunday 21 July 2013

Book Review - Killers of the Dawn

Title: Killers of the Dawn
Author: Darren Shan
Series: The Saga of Darren Shan (book 9)
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Release Date: 5 Feb 2009
ISBN-13: 978-0007137817

Synopsis
Outnumbered, outsmarted and desperate, the hunters are on the run, pursued by the vampaneze, the police, and an angry mob. With their enemies clamoring for blood, the vampires prepare for a deadly battle. Is this the end for Darren and his allies?
 


My Review
I think this may be the book I love the most in the series so far, but also the one I hate the most. I won't say who but someone dies and I was devastated. Can't believe he did that! He certainly doesn't mind killing off his characters, but why is it always the ones I like the most?
Now I've dropped that bombshell, I will explain, the death doesn't happen until right near the end, but I knew it was coming for a couple of chapters. Up to that point this book was so exciting and well written, I was utterly absorbed, swept up and chucked around by it. I didn't want it to end. 
The big war is coming and Crepsley, Shan and March are back on the trail of the Vampaneze prince, accompanied of course by Harket. I haven't said it before, but I really like Harket and with every book he develops more and grows so much. He may be described as quite ugly, but you can't help but want to hug him. He's a bit like the 'Dobby' of this world!
There are more old faces turning up and some are not going to give up easily. Big battles, cunning plots and devious manoeuvres , this book will have you gripping the pages so hard and desperate for more. If only that ending hadn't have gone like that! 
I need to finish this series, I can't get enough. :D

My Rating
   

No comments: