Tuesday 26 July 2011

Book Review - Everlasting

Title: Everlasting
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: The Immortals (book 6)
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Release Date: 7 July 2011
ISBN-13: 978-0330528122

Synopsis
Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears-all in the hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.
Will they be united-or torn apart forever?


My Review
I went through the first five books last year and really enjoyed them. Book 1 (Evermore) was fantastic and had me hooked in, I read through the rest quite quickly and eagerly anticipated the final in the series. Now I have to laugh here a bit, because this book seems to be following me, Amazon had it on sale at £3.29 so I got bought a copy as a present, I then found out I had won a complete set of Alyson Noel books from a Facebook competition, then I found I had won a copy from April @ Book Geek Central (I have since asked her to announce a new winner) so this book obviously wanted me to read it!
Anyway, I started this in my lunch break at work yesterday and managed to get to page 75 in the space of 45 minutes, I was absorbed, and even though it had been a while since I read the rest of the series, it soon came flooding back to me! I read it in every spare minute I could get and finished it today. 
I found myself really enjoying it, the book dives into a lot more of Ever and Damon's history, explaining some of the choices they have made and letting us see more of their growth. A lot of things come to a conclusion and are rounded off nicely, which I am very happy with as it is the last in the series. 
The writing flows well and is once again told from Ever's point of view. There is a lot of action to sink your teeth into and have you hanging off the edge of your seat. 
It picks up pretty much where Night Star left off, Ever and Damon are after the antidote to their 'curse' still unable to properly touch, and everyone around them are trying to figure out the part they play in their destiny. Once again I love Romy and Rayne, the psychic twins - so weird yet loveable. Jude is a sweetheart and I feel so sorry for him, but we get to know more about him too. 
The book really does tie up the story beautifully and left me feeling very satisfied at the end. I love how it comes together and think it is one of the best of the series. I am sorry to say goodbye to Ever and Damon, but also happy to see them on their way. 
Overall a captivating novel that leaves you breathless and smiling.

My Rating
I would give this book 9.5/10 a gripping read, the perfect conclusion to the series.     

2 comments:

kaye (paper reader) said...

I have to admit that I gave up on this series after Shadowland and now I'm glad to know what happened, especially since I wouldn't have been pleased to find out by book six they've only just (maybe?) solved their no-touch issue. I'm glad it worked out for you, though!

barmybex said...

Yeah a lot of people said it dragged on to much. I didn't mind it too much.

Thanks.:D