Sunday 24 July 2011

Book Review - Forever

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls (book 3)
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 13 July 2011
ISBN-13: 978-1407121116

Synopsis

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater
In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.
  

This review may contain some spoilers from Shiver and Linger.
My Review
I have been waiting for this book for what seems like forever, these books are vastly becoming some of my favourites and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. I actually squealed when it arrived - i think I scared my dad!
Sam is now cured and starting to realise that he really could have a future, but he can't live without Grace. Grace is now a wolf, learning to roam with the pack and forgetting who she really is, but when she is human, she finds Sam. Cole is human at the moment, but not sure how long it will last, is humanity worth fighting for, this is something he has to figure out. Isabel is still a bit of a b***ch, but she has her reasons, and she gets more involved with the others. 
When Isabel's father starts a movement to get all the wolves killed, the four of them must work together to find a solution and save all their lives.
I love the strength of Sam & Grace's love, it fills you up and makes you smile, it's beautiful, magical, poetic. I want a love like that. Cole and Isabel have their moments but it's more complicated.
I liked seeing the growth of character from the two of them, I felt like I got to know them more and they surprised me in places.
The writing again captures you and whisks you into this world, I read this in a few hours - I couldn't keep away. The plot is quite fast paced, but I got about 50 pages from the end and thought "how can she sum this all up in so few pages', but you know what, she did it wonderfully.
There were a few deaths in this one, a couple I could guess were coming, but a couple that shocked me. I shed a couple of tears and gasped in shock. 
This was the perfect ending to an absolutely breath-taking series. I am still blown away by the whole series, it has captivated my heart and mind. Maggie Stiefvater is a LEGEND! I have some of her other books on my shelf and I can't wait to get stuck into them too.


My Rating
I would give this book 10/10, absolutely stunning, beautiful, breath-taking, everything I wanted. 
 

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I actually did not like this one as much as the first two.