Saturday 25 August 2012

Book Review - Saving the World & Other Extreme Sports

Title: Saving the World & Other Extreme Sports
Author: James Patterson
Series: Maximum Ride (book 3) 
Publisher: Headline
Release Date: 3 May 2007
ISBN-13: 978-0755322008

Synopsis
The time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?


My Review
Carrying on with the series this is now book 3. I now feel like I am more involved in the world and that I know the characters better, but they still offer some surprises. Angel for example, she is either sweet and innocent, power hungry and scary, a good guy, a bad guy, a traitor, a spy and goodness knows what else. You're never quite sure what to expect. Max is still feisty and in control, but is opening up a bit more and it feels like she is showing more sides to her. 
Now it seems like the scientist are having second thoughts, all experiments seem to be disappearing. The Erasers - 'retired', Flyboys - Gone. One by one they are disposing of their specimens and it looks like Max and the Flock are next in line, but they'll have to catch them first. 
I quite liked this one, the plot was fast paced and there were a lot of twists and turns to keep me hooked in. Especially the situation between Max and Fang, I was like' Woah!'. 
This is another re-read but to be honest I didn't remember much of it at all! So it was quite refreshing. I did slow down a bit with this one and I didn't feel as hooked as I had with the first couple but I did still enjoy it and am looking forward to the rest of the series. 


My Rating

 

No comments: