Thursday 9 August 2012

Book Review - Taken at Dusk

Title: Taken at Dusk
Author: CC Hunter
Series: Shadow Falls (book 3)
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Release Date: 14 May 2012
ISBN-13: 978-0312624699

Synopsis
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean.  But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever…and not always for the better.

Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together.  Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever imagined.



My Review
After finishing book 2 I had to pick up book 3 immediately. I couldn't wait to see what would happen with Kylie and the group at Shadow Falls. 
Kylie is dealing with so much, her parents divorce is still messy, she has feelings for two boys, she is being hunted by rogue vampires, an amnesiac ghost is haunting her, her two best friends keep arguing and she has more powers emerging everyday yet she still doensn't know just what she is. Talk about Teenage angst, she has problems, but saying that, Kylie never comes across as whiny or pathetic, she is a kick butt character and I really like her. By this book she is more of a friend than a character, I really feel like I know her and I feel for her throughout and want things to work for her.
I seriously can't get enough of these books, they are truly awesome. 
I'm still not sure which guy I want Kylie to pick but I am definitely leaning more towards one. Although you learn more about both of them in this one and my mind was almost changed.
This book seemed to have more depth to it and I found it more exciting and I read it in one sitting. I didn't actually think I would read much today but once I'd started i couldn't stop and I surprised myself by finishing the whole book. 
I love the group dynamic and how all the characters interact and link. The main plot is gripping but I also really like the sub-plots such as the girls love lives, the drama with Kylie's old friend Sara and with her parent's divorce. It just made the world feel more real and believable.
I have really become addicted to this series and I was so glad to hear there would be another book, I'm a bit sad that it's not out for another 2 months, I know that doesn't sound like a long time but it really feels like it. This book ends on such a 'wow', that I can't wait to find out what happens next. I will definitely be waiting and counting down until the next part is available.

Such a good series, you really should read teh series. Quickly moving up my favourites list!

My Rating
 

No comments: