Sunday 20 January 2013

Book Review - Reached

Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched (Book 3)
Publisher: Penguin
Release Date: 30 Nov 2012 
ISBN-13: 978-0141333083

Synopsis
After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.  


My Review
Reached is here! Reached is here!!! When I finished Crossed I was desperate for more and the wait for this book seemed to stretch on forever. My Aunt bought it for me for Christmas and I was so excited to read it. I had to finish a couple of review books first but this was always at the top of my pile. 
The cover is beautiful, I think it's my favourite of the series, but what I really love is that all of the books match :D They look great together and follow the same theme and it's awesome. 
This book is twice the size of the others at 512 pages it's quite big, but the story is so good it doesn't feel like that much, it goes past in a flash. It's the last in the trilogy and one thing I will say is that the ending left me feeling satisfied, sometimes loose ends get left behind and never solved but this one is wrapped up nicely but still has the feeling that the characters continue on with their lives. In fact it's probably one of the best endings of a series I have read in a while.
Cassia is now working as a sorter in Central, waiting for word from the Rising but never really sure what she is expecting. Ky is an airship pilot, back with Indie. Xander is now an 'official' working as a medic but also doubling up with the Rising. Trying to discover who else is involved and waiting desperately for action against the Society.
This is about people having the right to choose for themselves, to have true freedom, but everything comes at a price.
You really see the characters develop in this book, they grow up and decide what it really is they want from their lives. Cassia in particular seems to really grow up. 
I don't want to say too much because iI don't want to ruin it for anyone else, all you need to know is that this book is totally awesome and a great conclusion to the series. Ally Condie weaves magic with her words - you will be swept up and carried alongside the characters. 
The other thing I loved about this book was the way it made me feel, the characters seem to come alive and were like old friends you were going back to, I got realy attached to their story. I laughed and I cried in places, I was on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put it down
Just WOW! :D

My Rating
        

No comments: