Friday 11 January 2013

FF (104)


Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is
Orchid @ The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Q: If you could choose one supernatural being/creature to really exists what would it be and why? ex. fae { submitted by @SeeingNight }

My Answer: Supernatural creatures are cool to read about and all but would I really want any of them actually alive? Especially since there are so many different types. I would have said Unicorns at one point, but then I read a book where the Unicorns were actually bad tempered, aggressive beasts that attack you. Same with Fairies, some are sweet and happy but some are dark and dangerous. Anything I think off I can think of a story that had dark versions which put me off. But if I could specify a supernatural being/creature from a particular book then I think I would choose Mockingjays from Hunger Games, they sound quite beautiful and could sing to me. If not that then possibly the Centaurs from Harry Potter, they are mostly peace loving and virtuous. 

 

 

Happy Hopping & Blogging. :D 

 

 

 

Don't forget to enter all the giveaways going on my blog at the moment.

Top 12 of 2012 promotion - win 1 of any book by one of the 12 authors featured. International

 

YA Fairies & Fantasy Giveaway Hop - win a book! International.

 

Teri Terry Giveaway - win a copy of 'Slated' UK only.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

New follower thru GFC and the FF blog hop! My blog is: http://www.glamourglory.com/
Mockingjays are a good choice! I would choose mermaids because I just finished Madly and in that book they are peaceful creatures who love humans. Plus, they are usually beautiful and can live on land and under the ocean. How great is that?
-Reyna
tweet me @glamourglory

Unknown said...

Didn't think of those! I think you are right about the centaurs. The Hunger Games has so many cool (and some awful) creatures too.

Old follower here for the hop.

Liza’s Feature Friday

TP said...

I agree with you - I'm glad none of the supernatural creatures we read about really exist. Life would be a bit more ... complicated.

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

siriusyareader said...

New GFC follower! Centaurs are cool, that's a good answer.
my FF

Anonymous said...

Hi...
New follower :)
follow me at "BookShelves Of Dreams"

barmybex said...

Reyna - Those mermaids do sound cool. I've always quite liked Mermaid stories.
Liza - it really does, those Mutts make my skin crawl, but Mockingjays sound beautiful.
Tanya - certainly complicated, can you imagine the problems we would have and the danger!
Welcome siriusyareader. :D
Hi Barbara. thanks for following.