Saturday 12 January 2013

Top 12 of 2012: 11 Beth Revis


Welcome to day 11 of my Top 12

This series really surprised me, I had no idea if I would enjoy it when I first picked it up, it was one of those 'recommended reads' that  everyone was talking about so I tried. That's what I love about blogging, you can find some truly awesome books.

Then in April of 2012 book 2 in the series came out and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

It is of course the amazing 'Across the Universe' series by Beth Revis. I read book 1 back in 2011, then 'A Million Suns' in April.
These covers are my favourite designs - so pretty. Unfortunately I can't get hold of them as they keep changing them. These are the new designs:
 They are quite cool, but I like the originals better, anyway it's not really what they look like that ultimately counts, but what's inside them. And the content of these is Aweomse!!!!

The last book there is 'Shades of Earth' book 3 in the series, due to come out very soon. I cannot wait. I want it!!!
Even though i have 200 + books on my TBR pile, this is going straight to the top when it comes out. :D

So what are these books about? I'm surprised if you don't know but, lets have a quick recap:

Book 1 - Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


Book 2 - Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It’s been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed.

But there may be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision—no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder learns shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a mystery that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier. Their success—or failure—will determine the fate of the 2,298 passengers aboard Godspeed. But with each step, the journey becomes more perilous, the ship more chaotic, and the love between them more impossible to fight.

Beth Revis catapulted readers into the far reaches of space with her New York Times bestselling debut, Across the Universe. In A Million Suns, Beth deepens the mystery with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.



Book 3 - The final book in the  New York Times bestselling trilogy, perfect for fans of Battlestar Galactica and Prometheus!

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.



How awesome do they sound. OMG I can't believe how much I love this series. 
I do not own this image. Copyrigtht to owners. Taken from Google. Image of 'Godspeed' the ship in the books.


I like books that make you think, make you feel, transport you into the world and make you care and these books do that and more. <3

Beth Revis is also a really cool person and I hope she comes to the UK some day so I can meet her and be a total fangirl. :D

Meanwhile - stalk her website.




Come back tomorrow for my next pick of 2012.



Don't forget you can win one of the featured books from any of the days if you go to the 'Introduction post', any time during the duration of this feature (1st - 14th Jan) Earn extra entries for spreading the news.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I bought Across the Universe primarily because the cover kept calling out to me. I really enjoyed the book. I haven't made it to book two yet, but your review is a great reminder that I want to read it before book three gets here!

barmybex said...

thanks for stopping by. It is a gorgeous cover. hope you get to read it!! enjoy. :D

colourfulchatterbox said...

I have an e-book of the 2nd one...but I still haven't read it yet!! I have no idea why. I really should...like said above this review has reminded me how awesome the series is...

barmybex said...

READ IT! :P seriously you'll love it. :D