Friday 16 September 2011

Bk Blgr Hop: Sept 16th-19th & FF (35) & TGIF (18)

Book Blogger Hop 
 Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and is an awesome way to for book bloggers to interact and find each other. Such a wonderful idea! There's a new question every week that all the participating blogs have to answer.

This week's question is:


'As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?'


My Answer: I never know what to write in profiles - I tend to be quite shy and not like to talk about myself. Therefore they are usually very short - but i think this can be a good thing as it means you get a rough idea without having to plow through lots of information. I'm not sure what an ideal profile would be like, but any suggestions on how to make mine better are welcome. ;D


Follow Friday





Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee.

This week's question feature is from
Librarian Mouse

Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

My Answer: I would love Alagaesia to be a real world. This is the world from the 'Eragon' series by Christopher Paolini. Dragons, elves, magic etc it sounds great. I've always loved the world and would be happy to be in it. (of course I'd have to avoid evil King Galbatorix and the monsters, but other than that WOW)



TGIF!


This meme is hosted by GReads!

This Friday's Question:
 

       Book Disappointments: Have you ever come across a book you were so 
                        stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes? 

My Answer: There have been a few books that I've picked up, super excited to read then I've felt that they've fallen flat. The one that springs to mind the most is 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate. I could not wait to read this. The cover was gorgeous, the plot sounded great and a lot of people were saying it was fabulous, both on blogs and in person,  but when I started reading, it just didn't grab me. I finished it of course and it was OK, but I'm not sure I'd read it again. I think a lot of the disappointment came because I was so psyched to read it that my expectations were too high. 


Happy Hopping, have a great weekend everyone!!!

Don't forget to enter my Giveaway for a free e.book copy of 'Hurricane' by Jenna-Lynne Duncan. International. Closes 21st September


11 comments:

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Hey,

Hopping through! I have to say I quite liked Fallen but was very disappointed with Passion, the newest release in the series.
I also never know what to write in About Me sections!

Lucy
http://thesecretlifeofbooksblog.blogspot.com/

(Be sure to check out my giveway!)

Anne said...

I thought Fallen was just OK too.

Beck Valley Books said...

New follower via Book Blogger Hop hoping you will follow us back at http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/ thks in advance x

Unknown said...

Hmm I keep hearing that about Fallen. Interesting. Thanks for offering your POV.

New follower btw :)

Here's my post: http://www.jjireads.com/2011/09/tgif-and-flove-friday-1.html

Reading Inspired Writing said...

That was my take on Fallen also.

Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

Anonymous said...

Ugh, in response to TGIF...sometimes expectations can kill a book. Don't you wish you had just started it without any forethought? Sometimes I think I would like things more if I had no expectations...Too bad about Fallen, I for one enjoyed it.

Erika said...

New Follower.
I have not read those books but it sounds like an amazing world.

Erika@Let's talk about books

barmybex said...

I've heard a lot of similar views about Fallen.

Lucy - i haven't read Passion yet, I keep putting it off because I didn't like the others much.

thelibrarianreads - I totally agree, i love book blogs and the internet reviews and talking to others etc, but sometimes it build it up too much and then leaves me feeling disappointed.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I', hopping back through yours now. :D

Karen L. said...

Stopping by from the hop. I'm like you--I don't really like to talk about myself so I never really know what to put in my profile. I think I need to update mine though, after reading all these hop answers!

Here's my hop, if you want to stop by.

Unknown said...

I've read Fallen but nit Passion and Torment. I'm not sure if I'm going to finish the series. I liked Fallen, but I've read lots of not-so-good reviews about Torment and that's why I'm not excited to read it. =P

Hopping through,
April
Friday Hops

barmybex said...

Karen - there have been some good answers, I may have to look at doing mine again too.

Books4Juliet - that's why I haven't read Passion yet, I can't get enthusiastic about it. I will read it eventually.